Our Sunday and a Moroccan chicken stew

Tuesday, February 06, 2018




Oh it feels good to be back!

I have been meaning to blog a lot more than I have, but life just happens, so I haven't had time or motivation to be honest, this kinda always happens to me, the begging few weeks of January I feel really bumped to start the new year and everyone is so inspiring with all their New Years resolution, that it rubs off on me and I feel the same way, but then its cold and the days drag on and on and they are grey and rainy and my mood just becomes grey and my body wants to hibernate until spring comes.  But January has finally come to an end and I can welcome February with open arms, I'm finally feeling more productive even thou River has a cold that I can't seem to get rid of and all he wants is to be held by mama or papa, February is going to be a good month!!!

Here are a few pictures from our Sunday and a recipe for the Moroccan chicken stew I shared on my Instagram 
















We had a pretty slow Sunday, we made pancakes and a lemon pie, we sat at the window taking in each sun ray we could and our little fury family did the same, I did a little house work, but mainly just chilled and spent my day in the kitchen making yummy foods for us to eat, (wish a I had a dish washer thou) for dinner I made a Moroccan inspired stew, and it was so yum really hit the spot! so I'm adding it to my recipe book and thought why not share it with you all too :) so here you have it!

A Moroccan Inspired Stew



-What you will need-


  • 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunky cubes
  • 1 onion 
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • thumbnail piece of fresh ginger
  • 4 small carrots cut into rounds 
  • 5 small potatoes cut into wedges 
  • olive oil
  • salt and peper
  • 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
  • 1 tablespoon cumin powder
  • 1 tablespoon coriander powder
  • 1 can of crushed tomatoes 
  • 1 litre of good quality vegetal broth 
  • 2 tablespoons fine brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup red wine
  • 1/2 cup dates, seedless and cut into bits 
-Lets get cooking-

  1. Cut your chicken breast in to large chunky cubes and season with salt and pepper, heat up the olive oil in a large pot, and brown the chicken cubes for a few minutes just to seal them, once done remove chicken from pan and reserve for later.  
  2. In a food processor or with a handheld blender, blend the onion, ginger, garlic and tomato to crest a paste. 
  3. Add a splash of olive oil to the pot you were using, once warm add all your spices, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin and coriander, mix well to form a paste, don't let them burn! now add your blended tomato paste and mix well to combine with all the spices in the pot! 
  4. Once the tomato starts to boil add your browned chicken, wedged potatoes and rounds of carrot, mix well to incorporate everything nicely.
  5. Pour in your chicken broth, red wine and brown sugar, mix well once again to incorporate all the flavours bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cover for around 30 minutes. 
  6. At this point you can make some cous cous or plain rice to serve with your stew, we just had it as it is with lots of bread and butter.
  7. Once your 30 minutes have past, check that the potatoes and carrots are done, and remove the chicken from the pot, add the dates and mix well.
  8. With a fork roughly shred the chicken and return to the pot, mix well let cook on a low heat covered for a further 15 minutes and its done!


a plate of moroccan chicken stew


I love stews and this one really warms the heart, Pedro loved it and Petal had about half her bowl, River didn't even touch it lol but he has been ill so maybe next time he will try it. I hope you give it a go and if you do make sure to tag me in your pictures :)

I adapted this recipe from one I found on Pinterest here

















You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. As primeiras fotos são mesmo fofas, um amor!!

    Novo post: http://abpmartinsdreamwithme.blogspot.pt/2018/02/dream-trip-precos-restaurantes_6.html

    Beijinhos ♥

    ReplyDelete