Oh Halloween how I Love you

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

I love Halloween! Not for the dressing up but for the decorations and all the fun activities, growing up in London Halloween was the best thing about summer being over, and it also meant half term, something we don't have here in Portugal, all 3 of my brothers birthdays are around halloween and I always loved getting them ready for trick or treating and threw them a halloween birthday party always!


unfortunately trick or treating is not really a thing here in Portugal, but every year the kids always dress up and we decorate the house, carve pumpkins and all that fun stuff but this year I was determid to throw Petal a Halloween party and I did! it was super fun, bless River he was the only boy amongst 9 girls but he also had loads of fun, I promised him next year that he could also have a little halloween party with his friends once they are a bit older, so yeah it was super fun the girls painted pumpkins, watched a movie while eating pop corn filled gloves, danced around the house ate mummy pizza and grave yard Oreo mouse, at the end of the party we glued google eyes onto their painted pumpkins and they took them home with them, Petal and River were so happy it was definitely worth all the hard work I put in to this party happening.


This is the only picture I got of Petal, believe it or not she's never dressed up as a witch before 


and the only picture of River, Petal helped him get dressed he was a werewolf, but as he was still changing into one he still had his own clothes on, my mama heart was melting from seeing them so excited and helping each eachother so nicely.  


Petal did my make up I was a dead mum lol 



After  painting the pumpkins it was movie time, we were going to watch nightmare before Christmas but unfortunately I only had the English version, luckily they were not fussed and just picked something off Netflix.




 By the time the film finished they were starving! and I had the spookiest lunch ready for them!
 I'm so glad one of the mums surprised us with this super cool pumpkin because I didn't have time to make the one I was planning one making, it was kinda like this but with a big pumpkin and fruit salad  :) maybe for next years party!

 my wonderful make by Petal
 Graveyard Oreo mouse, doesn't look anything like the ones that inspired me on Pinterest,  but I'm pretty proud of my self for having done all this on my own in the space of 2 hours.
 oh my goodness these made my day! one of the girls mums messaged me asking how many children were coming because she was going to make some biscuits, when she showed up with these my jaw dropped! they were so beautiful I couldn't even bring my self to eat them hahah



 after eating we had a little disco then it was home time

I love River´s face in this one, as you can see I had way too much fun! I think from now on a Halloween party will be added to our traditions.


What do you have planned for Halloween?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really enjoy this post! thank you!
    I never cared much about Halloween. As you mentioned, in Portugal this was not a big thing when we were kids... my first memory of Halloween is from ET the movie. I remember I found it cool but not something that I could see me doing back home. “it’s like movie stuff!” does not really feats in my “Portuguese life” ahah
    I also went to a Halloween party back when I was an exchange student. I found it super cool. But then again, not something that I would feel doing back home in Portugal.
    Now we have a kid, and despite being quite young (he’s 3), he really fell in love with Halloween this year. It seems that Halloween is a big deal in our village (i kinda noticed last year but I was hiding in the basement then ahah). They had a party at the kindergarten and have been talking about ghosts, witches and Halloween related things since last week. So yesterday he was at the window. Running to the door as soon has he saw some spooky kids coming in to our yard! He was so happy with all the visitors! and our spooky visitors were so polite and nice that it made the whole thing even more pleasant.

    So yes, I guess I can now say that I enjoy Halloween. And next year I’ll put a little more effort in to it. Because this kids smiles are everything!
    Have a nice holiday!

    ReplyDelete